Finalists for the seventh annual Baen Fantasy Adventure Award have been announced:
- “Hero”, L.R. Braden
- “The Strength of Summer Storms”, Evey Brett
- “Humanslayer”, Scott Huggins
- “A Hole in the Gut”, M.T. Kadisin
- “From Darkest Depths”, Sean CW Korsgaard
- “The Power”, Stephen Lawson
- “Gently They Took What Was Hers”, Amanda J. Lee
- “Who Will Know?”, Scott R. Parkin
- “The Chilling Account of the Wolf-Bann of Krallenburg”, J.E. Tabor
- “Seidh”, Morgan Welch
The contest focuses on adventure fantasy short stories. The grand prize includes publication on the Baen website, an engraved award trophy, an assortment of Baen merchandise, and “paid professional rates for first publication rights.” Second and third place winners will receive prize packages of Baen books. The 2020 NASFIC convention, scheduled for August 20-23 in Columbus OH, has been canceled. Winners will be announced at the Baen Virtual Roadshow in early August, broadcast live on Facebook.
For more information, including eligibility requirements, see the Baen Books website.
[via File 770]
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.