Finalists for the 2020 Neukom Institute Literary Arts Awards for Speculative Fiction have been announced:
- The Divers’ Game, Jesse Ball (Ecco)
- Naamah, Sarah Blake (Riverhead)
- Exhalation, Ted Chiang (Knopf)
- And Go Like This, John Crowley (Small Beer)
- The Archive of Alternate Endings, Lindsey Drager (Dzanc)
- Tears of the Trufflepig, Fernando A. Flores (MCD x FSG Originals)
- Zero Bomb, M.T. Hill (Titan Books)
- War Girls, Tochi Onyebuchi (Razorbill)
- A Song for a New Day, Sarah Pinsker (Berkley)
- Pigs, Johanna Stoberock (Red Hen)
- Dead Astronauts, Jeff VanderMeer (MCD; Fourth Estate)
- The Crying Machine, Greg Chivers (HarperVoyager)
- The Imaginary Corpse, Tyler Hayes (Angry Robot)
- Cold Storage, David Koepp (Ecco)
- Infinite Detail, Tim Maughan (MCD x FSG Originals)
- We Set the Dark on Fire, Tehlor Kay Mejia (Katherine Tegen)
- Today I Am Carey, Martin L. Shoemaker (Baen)
- The Lesson, Cadwell Turnbull (Blackstone)
The award was established by the Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth College. Winners will be announced in the summer and receive a $5,000 honorarium. The shortlist was determined by Tarek El-Ariss, Jessica Flack Peter Orner, Dan Rockmore, and Eric Schaller. Winners will be judged by speculative fiction writer Sam J. Miller.
For more information, see the Neukom Institute website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.