2020 Eugie Award Finalists
Finalists for the 2020 Eugie Foster Memorial Award for Short Fiction have been announced:
- “For He Can Creep“, Siobhan Carroll (Tor.com 7/19)
- “The House Wins in the End“, L Chan (The Dark 7/19)
- “Love in the Time of Immuno-Sharing”, Andy Dudak (Analog 1-2/19)
- “A Civilization Dreams of Absolutely Nothing”, Thoraiya Dyer (Analog 1-2/19)
- “Postlude to the Afternoon of a Faun”, Jerome Stueart (F&SF 3-4/19)
The winner will receive a plaque and a $1,000 prize at Dragon Con, to be held September 3-7, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta GA. “Starting with the 2020, we will add a video presentation of the award online, along with a reading of a section of each finalist.” All finalists receive a pin. The award celebrates “the best in innovative fiction” and honors writer and editor Eugie Foster, who died in 2014. Speculative short stories published in the previous year are eligible for the award, with nominations made by a panel of editors, reviewers, and select readers, and the winner chosen by a jury.
For more information, visit www.eugiefoster.com.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.