Winners have been announced for the 2020 Prix Imaginales, for “the best fantasy novels, and everything particularly fantasy, published the previous calendar year” in France.
- Danse avec les lutins, Catherine Dufour (L’Atalante)
- Vita Nostra, Marina & Sergey Dyachenko (L’Atalante)
- L’Estrange Malaventure de Mirella, Flore Vesco (L’École des loisirs)
- François Baranger for illustrations in Les Montagnes hallucinées 1 by H.P. Lovecraft (Bragelonne)
- Chuchoteurs du dragon et autres murmures, Thomas Geha (Elenya)
Special Jury Award
- Lovecraft je suis providence tomes 1 et 2, S.T. Joshi (ActuSF)
Winners were selected by a jury of journalists, critics, and experts, and announced online (since the Imaginales festival was canceled). Each of the first four category winners will receive €1,000, and each of the last two category winners will receive €250. Winners were also announced in other categories, such as comics/graphic novels, special selections by librarians, schoolchildren, and more. For more information, see the official website.
[via File 770]
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.