Finalists for the 2020 Premios Kelvin 505 Awards, presented by the Celsius 232 festival and honoring “the best science fiction, fantasy or horror novels published in 2019” for the first time in Spain have been announced.
Mejor Novela Original (Best Original Novel)
- Sigilo, Ismael Martínez Biurrun (Alianza)
- Nuestra parte de la noche, Mariana Enríquez (Anagrama)
- Mars Company, Francisco Miguel Espinosa (Aristas Martínez)
- El arcano y el jilguero, Ferran Varela (El Transbordador)
Mejor Novela Juvenil (Best YA Novel)
- La voz de Amunet, Victoria Álvarez (Nocturna)
- El efecto Frankenstein, Elia Barceló (Edebé)
- Yo soy Alexánder Cuervo, Patricia García-Rojo (SM)
- La hora zulú, César Mallorquí (SM)
Mejor Novela Traducida (Best Translated Novel)
- Leopardo negro, lobo rojo [Black Leopard, Red Wolf], Marlon James, translated by Javier Calvo (Seix Barral)
- El hambre [The Hunger], Alma Katsu, translated by Natalia Cervera (Alianza)
- Quien teme a la muerte [Who Fears Death], Nnedi Okorafor, translated by Carla Bataller Estruch (Crononauta)
- El núcleo del sol [The Core of the Sun], Johanna Sinisalo, translated by David Tejera (Roca)
Mejor Novela Juvenil Traducida (Best Translated YA Novel)
- Más allá del invierno [The Way Past Winter], Kiran Millwood Hargrave, translated by Aitana Vega (Ático de los Libros)
- Chicas de papel y fuego [Girls of Paper and Fire], Natasha Ngan, translated by Nora Inés Escoms (Puck)
- Una obsesion perversa [Vicious], Victoria E. Schwab, translated by Nora Inés Escoms (Puck)
- Sed [Dry], Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman, translated by Pilar Ramírez Tello (Nocturna)
The deadline to vote for winners is June 15, 2020. According to the site, “We will announce the list of winners before Celsius…” which is scheduled for July 14 – 18, 2020 in Avilés, Spain. For more information, see the Kelvin 505 website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.