Baen Books has announced the ten finalists for the 2020 Jim Baen Memorial Short Story Award:
- “The Boy Who Cried Fish”, D.A. D’Amico
- “Stars of Their Own”, Austin Eberle
- “Dancing on Spun Sugar”, Meghan Feldman
- “Sample Return”, C. Stuart Hardwick
- “Wander On”, William Paul Jones
- “Primum Non Nocere”, K.D. Julicher
- “Spinners”, Kate MacEachern
- “Bounty #1486”, Wendy Nikel
- “Bagala Devi Objective”, M.T. Reiten
- “The Caretaker”, Tiffany Smith
The Grand Prize winner will be featured on the Baen website. The author will be given a trophy and paid professional rates.
Grand Prize, second, and third place winners each receive free admission into the 2020 International Space Development Conference and a year’s membership in the National Space Society, as well as an assortment of Baen Books and National Space Society merchandise.
The winners will be announced by March 22 and honored at the International Space Development Conference, to be held May 28-31, 2020 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco Hotel & Convention Center in Dallas TX.
For more information, including the lists of past winners, see the official award webpage.
[Edited 3/11/2020 to add story titles]
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.