The Bookseller has announced the shortlists for the 2020 British Book Awards, including several titles of genre interest.
- The Testaments, Margaret Atwood (Nan A. Talese; Chatto & Windus)
- The Book of Dust: The Secret Commonwealth, Philip Pullman (Knopf; Penguin UK & David Fickling)
Début Book of the Year
- The Binding, Bridget Collins (Morrow; Borough)
Audiobook Book of the Year
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood (Penguin Random House)
- The Secret Commonwealth, Philip Pullman (Penguin Random House)
- The Testaments, Margaret Atwood (Penguin Random House)
Also called the “Nibbies,” the British Book Awards “honours and celebrates the commercial successes of publishers, authors and bookshops” with nominees in a variety of categories, including AudioBook of the Year, Editor of the Year, and Independent Bookshop of the Year. Winners will be honored at a black-tie event at Grosvenor House in London, originally planned for May 18, 2020, now scheduled for June 29, 2020. For the complete shortlist, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.