HWA 2020 Summer Scares
The Horror Writers Association (HWA) has announced their second annual Summer Scares Reading list.
- She Said Destroy, Nadia Bulkin (Word Horde)
- In the Valley of the Sun, Andy Davidson (Skyhorse)
- The Ballad of Black Tom, Victor LaValle (Tor.com Publishing)
- Labyrinth Lost, Zoraida Córdova (Sourcebooks)
- Daughters unto Devils, Amy Lukavics (HarlequinTeen)
- The Agony House, Cherie Priest (Scholastic)
- Spirit Hunters, Ellen Oh (Haper)
- Case File 13: Zombie Kid, J. Scott Savage (Harper)
- Hoodoo, Ronald L. Smith (Clarion)
The program is run in partnership with United for Libraries, Book Riot, and Library Journal/School Library Journal. “The goal of the program is to encourage a national conversation about the entire horror genre, across all age levels, at libraries all over the country and ultimately get more adults, teens, and children interested in reading.” Titles are selected by “a special guest author and a committee of four librarians.” The 2020 selection committee was Carolyn Ciesla, JG Faherty, Kelly Jensen, Stephen Graham Jones, Kiera Parrott, and Becky Spratford. The HWA will host a Library Day program on May 7, 2020 at the Naperville IL public library with Summer Scares authors and committee members in attendance.
For more information, see the HWA site and the announcement at BookRiot.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.