Several authors and works of genre interest made the MWA (Mystery Writers of America) 2020 Edgar Awards list of nominees.
Best Paperback Original
- Blood Relations, Jonathan Moore (Mariner)
- Hitchcock and the Censors, John Billheimer (University Press of Kentucky)
- Beyond the Thirty-Nine Steps: A Life of John Buchan, Ursula Buchan (Bloomsbury)
- The Mutual Admiration Society: How Dorothy L. Sayers and her Oxford Circle Remade the World for Women, Mo Moulton (Basic)
Best Short Story
- “One of These Nights”, Livia Llewellyn (Cutting Edge)
- “Brother’s Keeper”, Dave Zeltserman (Ellery Queen 5-6/19)
Best Young Adult
- Catfishing on CatNet, Naomi Kritzer (Tor Teen)
The Simon & Schuster Mary Higgins Clark Award
- The Night Visitors, Carol Goodman (Morrow)
The G.P. Putnam’s Sons Sue Grafton Memorial Award
- The Alchemist’s Illusion, Gigi Pandian (Midnight Ink)
The Edgar Allan Poe Awards, “honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television,” will be presented at a gala banquet April 30, 2020 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City. For more information, including the full list of nominees, see their official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.