Finalists for the 2019 Children’s and Young Adults Bloggers’ Literary Awards (Cybils) have been announced. Books of genre interest include:
Young Adult Speculative Fiction
- Internment, Samira Ahmed (Little, Brown)
- The Wicked King, Holly Black (Little, Brown)
- Aurora Rising, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (Knopf)
- Echo North, Joanna Ruth Meyer (Page Street Kids)
- Fireborne, Rosaria Munda (Putnam)
- War Girls, Tochi Onyebuchi (Razorbill)
- Sorcery of Thorns, Margaret Rogerson (McElderry)
Elementary/Middle Grade Speculative Fiction
- Sal and Gabi Break the Universe, Carlos Hernandez (Disney/Hyperion)
- The Dark Lord Clementine, Sarah Jean Horwitz (Algonquin)
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky, Kwame Mbalia (Disney/Hyperion)
- Love Sugar Magic: A Sprinkle of Spirits, Anna Meriano (Walden Pond)
- Homerooms and Hall Passes, Tom O’Donnell (Balzer + Bray)
- We’re Not from Here, Geoff Rodkey (Crown)
- Cog, Greg van Eekhout (HarperCollins)
The Cybils Awards “aims to recognize the children’s and young adult authors and illustrators whose books combine the highest literary merit and popular appeal.” Winners in each category will be announced on February 14, 2020.
For a complete list of finalists, see the Cybils official site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.