Winners of the 2019 Goodreads Choice Awards for the “best books of 2019” as chosen by users of the site, have been announced. There are several winners of genre interest:
- The Testaments, Margaret Atwood (Nan A. Talese) 98,291 votes
- Ninth House, Leigh Bardugo (Flatiron) 53,430 votes
Best Science Fiction
- Recursion, Blake Crouch (Crown) 41,261 votes
- The Institute, Stephen King (Scribner) 75,717 votes
Best Young Adult Fantasy
- The Wicked King, Holly Black (Little, Brown BFYR) 48,181 votes
Best Middle Grade & Children’s
- The Tyrant’s Tomb, Rick Riordan (Disney-Hyperion) 33,333 votes
Goodreads reported 4,659,701 total votes cast, down from 5,027,741 in 2018. For the full list of categories and nominees, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.