2019 Prix Utopiales Winners
Winners of the 2019 Prix Utopiales Awards were announced at the Nantes International Science Fiction Festival, held October 31 – November 4, 2019 at the Nantes Convention Center in Nantes, France.
- WINNER: Helstrid, Christian Léourier (Le Béllial)
- BonheurTM, Jean Baret (Le Bélial)
- Colonies, Laurent Genefort (Le Bélial)
- Les derniers jours du Nouveau-Paris, China Miéville (Au diable vauvert)
- Dans la toile du temps, Adrian Tchaikovsky (Denoël)
Prix Utopiales Jeunesse
- WINNER: In Real Life: Déconnexion, Maiwenn Alix (Milan)
- La Voie Verne, Jacques Martel (Mnémos)
- Le Cirque interdit, Célia Flaux (Scrineo)
- Marqués, Alice Broadway (Pocket Jeunesse)
- Rêves scientifiques, J.-N. Blanc, J. Benameur, P. Favaro, Gudule, J. Héliot & C. Thibert (Thierry Magnier)
Prix Utopiales BD
- WINNER: Un gentil orc sauvage, Théo Grosjean (Delcourt)
Winners in each Utopiales category receive €2,000.
- WINNER: Chasseuse de soleil, Chloé Jo Bertrand
The Joël-Champetier Award is given for the best new work by a French non-Canadian writer and is selected by Canadian magazine Solaris.
Prix Julia Verlanger
- WINNER: Les Meurtres de Molly Southbourne, Tade Thompson (Le Bélial)
The Julia Verlanger Award was created by Jean-Pierre Verlanger in memory of his wife, who wrote under the pseudonym Gilles Thomas.
Alejandro Jodorowsky received the Prix Extraordinaire 2019. Prizes were also given in gaming and film categories.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.