Publishers Weekly has announced its list of the best books of 2019, including “100 best adult titles and 50 for children and teens.”
The best books in the SF/Fantasy/Horror category are:
- The Light Brigade, Kameron Hurley (Saga)
- The Institute, Stephen King (Scribner)
- A People’s Future of the United States, Victor LaValle & John Joseph Adams, eds. (One World)
- Middlegame, Seanan McGuire (Tor.com Publishing)
- The Luminous Dead, Caitlin Starling (Harper Voyager)
- The Lesson, Cadwell Turnbull (Blackstone)
- Wanderers, Chuck Wendig (Del Rey)
Titles of genre interest were listed in other categories, including Fiction:
- Mars, Asja Bakić (Feminist)
- Mouthful of Birds, Samanta Schweblin (Riverhead)
- Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead, Olga Tokarczuk (Riverhead)
- Frankissstein, Jeanette Winterson (Grove)
For more information, including the complete list, see the PW website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.