Best Novel Award
- WINNER: Causes of Separation, Travis Corcoran (Morlock)
- Kingdom of the Wicked [Book One: Rules and Book Two: Order], Helen Dale (Ligature Pty Limited)
- State Tectonics, Malka Older (Tor.com Publishing)
- The Fractal Man, J. Neil Schulman (Steve Heller)
- The Murderbot Diaries [All Systems Red, Artificial Condition, Rogue Protocol, and Exit Strategy], Martha Wells (Tor.com Publishing)
They also announced the winner of the Hall of Fame Award, “given in recognition of a classic work of science fiction or fantasy with libertarian themes.”
Hall of Fame
- WINNER: “Harrison Bergeron”, Kurt Vonnegut (F&SF 10/61)
- “Sam Hall”, Poul Anderson (Astounding 8/53)
- “As Easy as A.B.C.”, Rudyard Kipling (London 3-4/1912)
- “Conquest by Default”, Vernor Vinge (Analog 5/68)
- Schrödinger’s Cat: The Universe Next Door, Robert Anton Wilson (Pocket)
The awards will be presented in a ceremony during Dublin 2019 – An Irish Worldcon to be held August 15-19, 2019 at the Convention Centre Dublin in Dublin, Ireland.
For more information, see the LFS website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.