2019 Kurd Laßwitz Preis Winners
Winners of the 2019 Kurd Laßwitz Preis for best German science fiction works and translations have been announced:
Best German SF Novel
- NSA – Nationales Sicherheits-Amt, Andreas Eschbach (Lübbe)
Best German SF Short Story
- “Confinement”, Thorsten Küper (Nova #26)
Best Foreign SF Work Published in German
- Eiswelt [Early Riser], Jasper Fforde (Heyne)
Best SF Translation Into German
- New York 2140, Kim Stanley Robinson, translated by Jakob Schmidt (Heyne)
Best Cover Art or Illustration
- Michael Marrak for the cover of Die Reise zum Mittelpunkt der Zeit, Michael Marrak (Amrûn)
Special Award For Outstanding Achievement
- Ronald M. Hahn, Michael K. Iwoleit, Helmuth W. Mommers, Olaf G. Hilscher, Frank Hebben & Michael Haitel
The winner for Best German Audio Work has not been decided yet. The award ceremony will take place during Penta-Con 2019, to be held November 1-3, 2019 in Dresden, Germany.
For more information, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.