2019 Campbell Memorial Award Finalists
The finalists for the 2019 John W. Campbell Memorial Award have been announced:
- Semiosis, Sue Burke (Tor)
- A Spy in Time, Imraan Coovadia (Rare Bird)
- The Calculating Stars, Mary Robinette Kowal (Tor)
- Time Was, Ian McDonald (Tor.com Publishing)
- Blackfish City, Sam J. Miller (Ecco)
- Moon of the Crusted Snow, Waubgeshig Rice (ECW)
- Theory of Bastards, Audrey Schulman (Europa Editions)
- Unholy Land, Lavie Tidhar (Tachyon)
- Space Opera, Catherynne M. Valente (Saga)
- The Freeze-Frame Revolution, Peter Watts (Tachyon)
- The Loosening Skin, Aliya Whiteley (Unsung Stories)
The award honors the best work of book-length science fiction from the prior year published in English. Current jurors are Gregory Benford, Sheila Finch, Elizabeth Anne Hull, Paul Kincaid, Chris McKitterick, Pamela Sargent, and Lisa Yaszek.
The award will be presented during the Campbell Conference held June 28-30, 2019 at the University of Kansas Student Union in Lawrence KS.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.