Finalists for the 2019 Eugie Foster Memorial Award for Short Fiction (the Eugie Award) have been announced:
- “The War of Light and Shadow, in Five Dishes“, Siobhan Carroll (Beneath Ceaseless Skies 3/18)
- “A Witch’s Guide to Escape: A Practical Compendium to Portal Fantasies“, Alix E. Harrow (Apex 2/18)
- “Barleycorn“, Cae Hawksmoor (Abyss & Apex 3/18)
- “When We Were Starless“, Simone Heller (Clarkesworld 10/18)
- “The Heart of Owl Abbas“, Kathleen Jennings (Tor.com 4/18)
The winner will receive a plaque and a $1,000 prize at Dragon Con, to be held August 29 – September 2, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta GA. All finalists receive a pin. The award celebrates “the best in innovative fiction” and honors writer and editor Eugie Foster, who died in 2014. Speculative short stories published in the previous year are eligible for the award, with nominations made by a panel of editors, reviewers, and select readers, and the winner chosen by a jury.
For more information, visit www.eugiefoster.com.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.