Shortlists for the CrimeFest Awards have been announced, including several titles of genre interest:
Audible Sounds of Crime Award
H.R.F. Keating Award
- Arthur Conan Doyle’s Art of Fiction, Nils Clausson (Cambridge Scholars Publishing)
Last Laugh Award
- Bryant & May: Hall of Mirrors, Christopher Fowler (Transworld)
Best Crime Novel for Children
- The Train to Impossible Places, P.G. Bell (Usborne)
- A Darkness of Dragons, S.A. Patrick (Usborne)
- The Last Chance Hotel, Nicki Thornton (Chicken House)
Best Crime Novel for Young Adults
- The Colour of the Sun, David Almond (Hodder)
- White Rabbit, Red Wolf, Tom Pollock (Walker)
- Dry, Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman (Walker)
Winners each receive a Bristol Blue Glass commemorative award and will be announced during a gala awards dinner on May 11, 2019 in Bristol, UK.
For more information, see the CrimeFest website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.