The Audio Publishers Association announced the winners of the 2019 Audie Awards, recognizing excellence in audiobooks and spoken word entertainment, at an awards ceremony on March 4, 2019 at Guastavino’s in New York City.
Winners of genre interest follow.
- WINNER: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Hexagonal Phase, Eoin Colfer & Douglas Adams, read by John Lloyd, Simon Jones, Geoff McGivern, and a full cast (Penguin Random House UK Audio)
- Planetside, Michael Mammay, read by R.C. Bray (HarperAudio)
- Black Star Renegades, Michael Moreci, read by Dan Bittner (Macmillan Audio)
- Head On, John Scalzi, read by Wil Wheaton (Audible)
- Artemis, Andy Weir, read by Rosario Dawson (Audible)
- WINNER: Spinning Silver, Naomi Novik, read by Lisa Flanagan (Penguin Random House Audio)
- European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman, Theodora Goss, read by Kate Reading (Simon & Schuster Audio)
- Second Hand Curses, Drew Hayes, read by Scott Aiello, Marc Vietor & Tavia Gilbert (Audible)
- Kill the Farm Boy, Kevin Hearne & Delilah S. Dawson, read by Luke Daniels (Penguin Random House Audio)
- Jade City, Fonda Lee, read by Andrew Kishino (Hachette Audio)
Audiobook of the Year
- WINNER: Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi, read by Bahni Turpin (Macmillan Audio)
- WINNER: The Martian Invasion of Earth, H.G. Wells & Nicholas Briggs, read by Richard Armitage & Lucy Briggs-Owen (Big Finish)
- Alien: Sea of Sorrows, James A. Moore & Dirk Maggs, read by John Chancer, Stockard Channing, Tony Gardner, Lorelei King, Laurel Lefkow & a full cast (Audible)
- Steal the Stars, Mac Rogers, read by a full cast (Macmillan Audio)
Best Male Narrator
- WINNER: Watchers, Dean Koontz, read by Edoardo Ballerini (Brilliance)
- Pet Sematary, Stephen King, read by Michael C. Hall (Simon & Schuster Audio)
Narration by the Author or Authors
- WINNER: The Secret of Nightingale Wood, Lucy Strange, read by the author (Scholastic Audio)
- The Poet X, Elizabeth Acevedo, read by the author (HarperAudio)
- WINNER: Spin, Harvey Edelman, Neil Fishman & David B. Coe, read by Jim Dale, Barrett Leddy, Lisa Livesay, Nicola Barber, Khristine Hvam, Nick Sullivan, John Brady & Johnny Heller (HarperAudio)
Judges for 2019 were Ron Charles, Lisa Lucas, and Linda Holmes. For more information, including a complete list of winners, see the Audio Publishers Association website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.