The Libertarian Futurist Society (LFS) has named the finalists for the 2019 Prometheus Hall of Fame Award, “for best classic literary works of liberty.”
- “Sam Hall”, Poul Anderson (Astounding 8/53)
- “As Easy as A.B.C.”, Rudyard Kipling (London 3-4/1912)
- “Conquest by Default”, Vernor Vinge (Analog 5/68)
- “Harrison Bergeron”, Kurt Vonnegut (F&SF 10/61)
- Schrödinger’s Cat: The Universe Next Door, Robert Anton Wilson (Pocket)
All members of the LFS are eligible to vote. The final vote will take place in mid-2019 and the winner will be presented Dublin 2019 — An Irish Worldcon, to be held August 15-19, 2019 at the Convention Centre Dublin in Dublin, Ireland.
For more information, see the LFS website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.