The 2019 Philip K. Dick Award nominees have been announced:
- Time Was, Ian McDonald (Tor.com Publishing)
- The Body Library, Jeff Noon (Angry Robot)
- 84k, Claire North (Orbit)
- Alien Virus Love Disaster, Abbey Mei Otis (Small Beer)
- Theory of Bastards, Audrey Schulman (Europa)
- Ambiguity Machines and Other Stories, Vandana Singh (Small Beer)
The award is presented annually to a distinguished work of science fiction originally published in paperback form in the United States. The award is sponsored by the Philip K. Dick Trust and the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society, and the ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society. The judges are Madeline Ashby, Brian Attebery, Christopher Brown, Rosemary Edghill, and Jason Hough (chair).
The winner and any special citations will be announced on Friday, April 19, 2019 at Norwescon 42 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport, SeaTac WA.
For more, see the award website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.