Several authors and works of genre interest made the MWA (Mystery Writers of America) 2019 Edgar Awards shortlist, including:
- Down the River Unto the Sea, Walter Mosley (Mulholland)
- A Treacherous Curse, Deanna Raybourn (Berkley)
Best Paperback Original
- Under My Skin, Lisa Unger (Park Row)
Best Critical/ Biographical
- The Metaphysical Mysteries of G.K. Chesterton, Laird R. Blackwell (McFarland)
Best Short Story
- “Paranoid Enough for Two”, John Lutz (The Honorable Traitors)
- The Sleep Tight Motel, Lisa Unger (Amazon Original)
- Denis Ever After, Tony Abbott (Katherine Tegen)
- Zap!, Martha Freeman (Wiseman)
- Winterhouse, Ben Guterson (Henry Holt)
- Otherwood, Pete Hautman (Candlewick)
Best Young Adult
- Contagion, Erin Bowman (HarperTeen)
- After the Fire, Will Hill (Sourcebooks Fire)
- A Room Away From the Wolves, Nova Ren Suma (Algonquin Young Readers)
- Sadie, Courtney Summers (Wednesday)
The Simon & Schuster Mary Higgins Clark Award
- Bone on Bone, Julia Keller (Minotaur)
As previously announced, Martin Cruz Smith was named a 2019 Grand Master.
The Edgar Allan Poe Awards, “honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television,” will be presented at a gala banquet April 25, 2019 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City. For more information, including the full list of nominees, see their official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.