The 16 winning titles for the autumn 2018 PEN Translates awards have been announced, including several of genre interest:
- A Drop of Happiness, Selvedin Avdić, translated by Will Firth (Istros)
- The Baby, Marie Darrieussecq, translated by Penny Hueston (Text)
- Strange Beasts of China, Yan Ge, translated by Jeremy Tiang (Tilted Axis)
- Palestine + 100, Basma Ghalayini, ed., translated by various (Comma)
- The Wandering, Intan Paramaditha, translated by Stephen J. Epstein (Harvill Secker)
With support from Arts Council England, the award helps UK publishers translate new works into English. “PEN Translates will fund up to 75% of translation costs for selected projects.” The next application period is April-May 2019. For more information and the complete list of winners, see the PEN Translates website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.