Winners of the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards for the “best books of 2018” as chosen by users of the site, were announced December 4, 2018. There are several winners of genre interest:
Best Mystery & Thriller
- The Outsider, Stephen King (Scribner) 62,170 votes
Best Science Fiction
- Vengeful, V.E. Schwab (Tor) 49,563 votes
- Circe, Madeline Miller (Little, Brown) 78,733 votes
- Elevation, Stephen King (Scribner) 39,616 votes
Best Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction
- Kingdom of Ash, Sarah J. Maas (Bloomsbury) 68,782 votes
Best Middle Grade & Children’s
- The Burning Maze, Rick Riordan (Disney/Hyperion) 42,529 votes
Best Debut Author
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt) 70,984 votes
Goodreads reported 5,027,741 total votes cast, up from 3,887,625 total votes in 2017 and 3,564,098 in 2016. For the full list of categories and nominees, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.