Winners of the Prix Utopiales were announced at the Nantes International Science Fiction Festival held October 31 – November 5, 2018 at the Nantes Convention Center in Nantes, France. The awards honor works published in French.
Prix Utopiales Européen (Utopiales European Awards)
- WINNER: L’âme des horloges, David Mitchell (de l’Olivier)
- L’Or du diable, Andreas Eschbach (L’Atalante)
- Espace Lointain, Jaroslav Melnik (Agullo)
- Station: La chute, Al Robertson (Denoël)
- Amatka, Karin Tidbeck (La Volte)
Prix Utopiales Européen Jeunesse (Utopiales European Youth Awards)
- WINNER: Les Puissants, tome 1: Esclaves, Vic James (Nathan)
- The Rain, Virginia Bergin (Bayard)
- Nouvelle Sparte, Erik L’Homme (Gallimard Jeunesse)
- Star Trip, Éric Senabre (Didier jeunesse)
- Le Mort du Temps, Aurélie Wellenstein (Scrineo)
Prix Utopiales du Meilleur Album de BD (Utopiales Prize for best album of Comics)
- WINNER: Ces jours qui disparaissent, Thimoté Le Boucher (Glénat)
- SPECIAL JURY MENTION: Alt-life, Thomas Cadène & Joseph Falzon (Le Lombard)
Prix Julia Verlanger (Best SF/F Novel)
- WINNER: L’Enfant de poussière, Patrick K. Dewdney (Au diable Vauvert)
Élisabeth Vonarburg received the Prix Extraordinare Utopiales 2018. Awards were also presented in game and film categories. For more information, see the Utopiales website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.