Winners for the 2018 Books Are My Bag (BAMB) Readers Awards have been announced, including some titles and authors of genre interest in the following categories:
- WINNER: The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, Stuart Turton (Bloomsbury)
- The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock, Imogen Hermes Gowar (HarperCollins)
- Home Fire, Kamila Shamsie (Riverhead)
- Tin Man, Sarah Winman (Putnam)
- WINNER: La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust Volume One, Philip Pullman (Knopf)
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt)
- A Skinful of Shadows, Frances Hardinge (Abrams)
- Where the World Ends, Geraldine McCaughrean (Usborne)
- A Sky Painted Gold, Laura Wood (Scholastic)
- WINNER: The Storm Keeper’s Island, Catherine Doyle (Bloomsbury)
The shortlists were “chosen by booksellers across the UK and Ireland” and winners were selected by public vote. For more information, including complete winners, see the National Book Tokens website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.