Winners have been announced for the 2018 Digital Book World Awards across 52 categories. Winners and finalists of genre interest included:
Best Book (Science Fiction)
- WINNER: Artificial Condition, Martha Wells (Tor.com Publishing)
- Star Wars: From A Certain Point Of View, Anonymous, ed. (Del Rey)
- The Tangled Lands, Paolo Bacigalupi & Tobias S. Buckell (Saga)
- Candidates, Cartel, and Chaos, Sterling Emmal (Blurb)
- Seeker, Douglas E. Richards (Paragon)
Best Book (Horror)
- WINNER: Gilchrist, Christian Galacar (self-published)
- Hybrid, James Marshall Smith (Braveship)
Winners in Publisher categories included Dark Horse, Disney, Macmillan, and NASA. “A select number of awards” were announced at a reception on October 2, 2018 during Digital Book World at the Music City Center in Nashville TN, with the rest announced that evening on the Digital Book World website.
For more information, including a complete list of winners, see the awards site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.