The Science Fiction & Fantasy Poetry Association (SFPA) has announced the winners of the 2018 Elgin Awards, presented for the best poetry chapbook and the best full-length poetry book in the speculative genre. The Elgin Awards are named after the founder of SFPA, Suzette Haden Elgin.
- First Place: Liberating the Astronauts, Christina M. Rau (Aqueduct)
- Second Place: Satan’s Sweethearts, Marge Simon & Mary Turzillo (Weasel)
- Third Place: Love Robot, Margaret Rhee (The Operating System)
- First Place: A Catalogue of the Further Suns, F.J. Bergmann (Gold Line)
- Second Place: Astropoetry, Christina Sng (Alban Lake)
- Third Place: The Terraformers, Dan Hoy (Third Man)
For more information, see the SFPA website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.