Best Novel Award
- WINNER: The Powers of the Earth, Travis J I Corcoran (Morlock)
- Drug Lord: High Ground, Doug Casey and John Hunt (High Ground)
- Torchship, Torchship Pilot, and Torchship Captain, Karl K. Gallagher (Kelt Haven)
- Darkship Revenge, Sarah Hoyt (Baen)
- The Corporation Wars: Emergence, Ken MacLeod (Orbit)
- Artemis, Andy Weir (Crown)
They also announced the winner of the Hall of Fame Award, “given in recognition of a classic work of science fiction or fantasy with libertarian themes.”
Hall of Fame
- WINNER: “With Folded Hands…”, Jack Williamson (Astounding 7/47)
- “Starfog”, Poul Anderson (Analog 8/67)
- “As Easy as A.B.C.”, Rudyard Kipling (London 3-4/1912)
- The Island Worlds, Eric Kotani & John Maddox Roberts (Baen)
- “Conquest by Default”, Vernor Vinge (Analog 5/68)
The award will be presented in a ceremony on August 17, 2018 during Worldcon 76 to be held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose CA.
For more information, see the LFS website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.