Finalists for the fifth annual Baen Fantasy Adventure Award have been announced:
- “Spun of Salt and Stone”, Deborah L. Davitt
- “The Lady of Pain”, Steve DuBois
- “Deny the World with a Thought”, Benjamin Scott Farthing
- “The Puzzle Vault”, Auston Habershaw
- “The Memory Bank & Trust”, Patrick Hurley
- “Ashes for Ashes”, Kevin Kauffmann
- “Luchadora”, Melissa Mead
- “The Deadliest Dish”, David Samuels
- “Ash-Eater”, Benjamin Tyler Smith
- “Dragon’s Hand”, David VonAllmen
The contest focuses on adventure fantasy short stories. The grand prize includes publication on the Baen website, an engraved award, and an assortment of Baen books. Second and third place winners will receive prize packages of Baen books. The winners will be announced at the Writer’s Symposium during Gen Con, August 4, 2018 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis IN.
For more information, including eligibility requirements, see the Baen Books website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.