The Bookseller has announced the nominees for the 2018 British Book Awards, including several titles of genre interest.
Children’s Book of the Year
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls, Elena Favilli & Francesca Cavallo (Particular)
- La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust, Philip Pullman (David Fickling)
- The Lost Words, Robert Macfarlane & Jackie Morris (Hamish Hamilton)
Fiction Book of the Year
- How to Stop Time, Matt Haig (Canongate)
Audiobook of the Year
- La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust, Philip Pullman, narrated by Michael Sheen (Penguin Random House UK Audio)
Also called the “Nibbies,” The British Book Awards “honours and celebrates the commercial successes of publishers, authors and bookshops” with nominees in a variety of categories, including Debut Book of the Year, Editor of the Year, and Independent Bookshop of the Year. Winners will be honored at a ceremony at Grosvenor House in London May 14, 2018. For the complete shortlist, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.