The long list for the 2018 Branford Boase Award has been announced and includes several titles of genre interest:
- A Jigsaw of Fire and Stars, Yaba Badoe (Zephyr)
- Ink, Alice Broadway (Scholastic)
- The Starman and Me, Sharon Cohen (Quercus)
- Knighthood for Beginners, Elys Dolan (Oxford University Press)
- Who Let the Gods Out?, Maz Evans (Chicken House)
- The City of Secret Rivers, Jacob Sager Weinstein (Walker)
- A Girl Called Owl, Amy Wilson (Macmillan)
“The Award is made annually to the most promising book for seven year-olds and upwards by a first time novelist.” The short list will be announced May 2, 2018. Winners will be announced in July 2018.
For more information, including the complete long list, see the Branford Boase Award site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.