Several authors and works of genre interest are on the MWA (Mystery Writers of America) 2018 Edgar Awards shortlist, including:
- Prussian Blue, Philip Kerr (G.P. Putnam’s Sons)
Best Paperback Original
- In Farleigh Field, Rhys Bowen (Lake Union)
Best Fact Crime
- American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land, Monica Hesse (Norton/Liveright)
Best Critical/ Biographical
- Manderley Forever: A Biography of Daphne du Maurier, Tatiana de Rosnay (St. Martin’s)
- Arthur and Sherlock: Conan Doyle and the Creation of Holmes, Michael Sims (Bloomsbury USA)
Best Short Story
- “Spring Break”, John Crowley (New Haven Noir)
- “Hard to Get”, Jeffery Deaver (Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine 7-8/17)
- “Chin Yong-Yun Stays at Home”, S.J. Rozan (Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine 1-2/17)
Best Young Adult
THE SIMON & SCHUSTER MARY HIGGINS CLARK AWARD
- The Widow’s House, Carol Goodman (William Morrow)
As previously announced, Jane Langton and Peter Lovesey were named 2018 Grand Masters, along with William Link.
The Edgar Allan Poe Awards, “honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television,” will be presented at the gala banquet April 26, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City. For more information, including including the full list of nominees and the MWA Raven and Ellery Queen award winners, see their official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.