2017 Caine Prize Shortlist
Finalists for the 2017 Caine Prize for African Writing, including several works of genre interest, have been announced:
- “Who Will Greet You At Home”, Lesley Nneka Arimah (The New Yorker 10/15)
- “The Story of the Girl whose Birds Flew Away”, Bushra al-Fadil, translated by Max Shmookler (The Book of Khartoum)
- “Bush Baby”, Chikodili Emelumadu (African Monsters)
- “God’s Children Are Little Broken Things”, Arinze Ifeakandu (A Public Space Spring 2016)
- “The Virus”, Magogodi Makhene (Harvard Review Spring 2016)
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges and announced at an awards dinner to be held July 3, 2017 at the Senate Library House in London UK. The winner will receive a £10,000 prize. Each shortlisted writer will receive £500.
For more information, see the Caine Prize website.