The winner of the Arthur C. Clarke Award for best science fiction novel published in 2015 has been announced:
- Children of Time, Adrian Tchaikovsky (Tor)
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, Becky Chambers (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Europe at Midnight, Dave Hutchinson (Solaris)
- The Book of Phoenix, Nnedi Okorafor (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Arcadia, Iain Pears (Faber & Faber)
- Way Down Dark, J.P. Smythe (Hodder & Stoughton)
This year’s judges were Ian Whates and David Gullen for the British Science Fiction Association, Andrew McKie and Liz Bourke for the Science Fiction Foundation, and Leila Abu El Hawa for SCI-FI- LONDON. Andrew M. Butler was chair of judges. Tom Hunter was awards director.
Tchaikovsky received a £2,016 prize and a commemorative engraved bookend. The winning title was announced August 24, 2016, at an award ceremony held at Foyles Bookshop, London.