Finalists for the 2016 John W. Campbell Memorial Award:
- The Water Knife, Paolo Bacigalupi (Orbit/Knopf)
- Europe at Midnight, Dave Hutchinson (Rebellion)
- Radiomen, Eleanor Lerman (The Permanent)
- Luna: New Moon, Ian McDonald (Gollancz/Tor)
- Galapagos Regained, James Morrow (St. Martin’s)
- Going Dark, Linda Nagata (Mythic Island/Saga)
- The Book of Phoenix, Nnedi Okorafor (DAW)
- Where, Kit Reed (Tor)
- The Thing Itself, Adam Roberts (Gollancz)
- Aurora, Kim Stanley Robinson (Orbit)
- Seveneves, Neal Stephenson (William Morrow/Harper Collins)
The Campbell Memorial award honors the best science fiction novel of the prior year published in English. Current jurors are Gregory Benford, Sheila Finch, Elizabeth Anne Hull, Paul Kincaid, Christopher McKitterick, Pamela Sargent, and Lisa Yaszek.
The award will be presented Thursday, August 18, 2016 at MidAmericon II, the 74th World Science Fiction Convention, to be held in Kansas City MO, August 17-21, 2016.
While the award is usually presented during the Campbell Conference at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, this year the conference serves as the academic track for MidAmericon II.