The six finalists for Stephen King’s short story competition were announced on January 21, 2016:
- “The Spots”, Paul Bassett Davies
- “The Unpicking”, Michael Button
- “Wild Swimming”, Elodie Harper
- “The Bear Trap”, Neil Hudson
- “La Mort De L’Amant”, Stuart Johnstone
- “Eau de Eric”, Manuela Saragosa
With more than 800 entries into the competition, the six finalists were eventually selected from a longlist of 20 by judges Claire Armitstead (Books Editor at the Guardian), Philippa Pride (Stephen King’s British editor), and Kate Lyall-Grant (publisher at Severn House). The winner, to be selected by Stephen King, will be announced “on or after” January 30, 2016.
For more information, see the official announcement.