The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction
• Fiction, reviews, and features; published since 1949; edited by Gordon Van Gelder
• Format: Print
• Frequency: Bimonthly
Vol. 129 No. 5&6 (whole #722), $7.99, 258pp, cover art by David A. Hardy
• This issue has a novella by Carter Scholz, novelets by Tim Sullivan and Lisa Mason, and short stories by Jeffrey Ford, Maria Dahvana Headley, KJ Kabza, Harvey Jacobs, Bruce McAllister, Naomi Kritzer, Norman Birnbach, and Robert Reed. There’s also a poem by Sophie M. White.
• Departments include Charles de Lint’s “Books to Look For”, covering titles by Amie Kaufman & Kristoff and others; Michelle West’s “Musing on Books”, covering Mark Z. Danielewski and others; a “Films” column by Kathi Maio about Self/less; a Books column by Elizabeth Hand, covering three anthologies and collections; and a “Curiosities” page by Douglas A. Anderson about a 1924 title by Arthur Thrush.
(Sat 10 Oct 2015)
The New York Review of Science Fiction
• Essays and reviews, published since 1988; edited by Kevin J. Maroney, David G. Hartwell, et al.; PDF and other electronic formats since Sept. 2012
• Format: Electronic
• Frequency: Monthly
Issue 325, Vol. 28 No. 1, 32pp
• This special “Voyages to Other Worlds” issue features Gregory Benford’s review of Kim Stanley Robinson’s Aurora, a scientific critique of the novel by Stephen Baxter, James Benford, and Joseph Miller, and an appreciation of the book by Jonathan Strahan.
• There’s also an essay by Olympe Chambrionne about the fiction of Marie-Anne Roumier-Robert; reviews of Michael Swanwick by Joe Sanders and of Douglas Wynne by Peter Rawlik; and essays by Ron Drummond on Michael Bishop, Christopher S. Kovacs on Roger Zelazny, Michael Andre-Driussi on Jack Vance, Darrell Schweitzer on H.P. Lovecraft, and Alice Mills on Elfland.
(Mon 12 Oct 2015)
Perihelion Science Fiction
• E’zine of hard SF fiction, nonfiction, and art, since 2012; edited by Sam Bellotto Jr.
• Format: Monthly
• Frequency: Online
Cover art by Edward Evans
• Stories in this issue are by Michael Hodges, Anne E. Johnson, Curtis C. Chen, David Barber, Milo James Fowler, James Mapes, Matt Zandstra, Michael McGlade, Arthur Carey, Robin Wyatt Dunn, M.E. Garber.
• Articles are by John McCormick and Thomas Elway.
• There’s also a comic strip, an editorial, and a page of reviews.
(Sat 10 Oct 2015)