The six titles on the Arthur C. Clarke Award shortlist for best science fiction novel published in 2014 have been announced:
- The Girl With All The Gifts, M.R. Carey (Orbit)
- The Book Of Strange New Things, Michel Faber (Canongate)
- Europe In Autumn, Dave Hutchinson (Solaris)
- Memory Of Water, Emmi Itäranta (HarperVoyager)
- The First Fifteen Lives Of Harry August, Claire North (Orbit)
- Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel (Picador)
This year’s judges are Duncan Lawie and Nicholas Whyte for the British Science Fiction Association, Sarah Brown and Lesley Hall for the Science Fiction Foundation, and Leila Abu El Hawa for SCI-FI-LONDON. Andrew M. Butler is chair of judges. Tom Hunter is awards director.
The winner will receive a £2015 prize and a commemorative engraved bookend. The winning title will be announced May 6, 2015, at an award ceremony held at Foyles Bookshop, London, as part of the lead-up to the SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival.