Farmer, Philip José : Flesh
(Titan 9781781163016, $12.95, 208pp, trade paperback, August 2013)
• Nominal Publication Date: Fri 16 Aug 2013
(First edition: Beacon Books/Galaxy, 1960)
SF novel about Peter Stagg and a group of astronauts who return to Earth after 800 years, where Stagg is forced into sexual slavery.
• Wikipedia has this description.
• Amazon’s “Look Inside” function provides a preview.
* Malzberg, Barry N. : The Very Best of Barry N. Malzberg
(NonStop Press 978-1-933065-41-0, $14.95, 300pp, trade paperback, July 2013)
• Nominal Publication Date: Thu 1 Aug 2013
• Ebook ISBN [link to Amazon Kindle edition]: B00DQ75NQ0
Collection of 27 stories from across Malzberg’s career.
• Stories include “A Galaxy Called Rome”, “Final War”, “Le Croix”, “Corridors”, and “The Men Inside”.
• NonStop’s homepage has a description.
• Amazon’s “Look Inside” function provides a preview, including the table of contents.
• Paul Di Filippo reviewed the book for Locus Online: “Some three dozen stories, all of them cohering into a consistent organic tapestry whose main threads are: derangement, deracination, ambition, art, war, the mediasphere, politics, the inevitably subjective pursuit of knowledge, and, most centrally, the essential stonewall limits of the universe and humanity’s reach therein.”
Moorcock, Michael : The Steel Tsar
(Titan 978-1781161470, $9.95, trade paperback, August 2013)
• Nominal Publication Date: Tue 13 Aug 2013
• Ebook ISBN [link to Amazon Kindle edition]: 978-1781161500
(First edition: Granada, 1981)
SF novel, third in the “Nomad of the Time Streams” trilogy.
• The first book in the trilogy, The Warlord of the Air, was reprinted by Titan back in January; the second, The Land Leviathan, is just out this month, on August 8th.
• Titan’s site has this page for the first novel.
• Amazon’s “Look Inside” function provides previews.
Sandner, David, & Jacob Weisman : The Treasury of the Fantastic
(Tachyon Publications 978-1-61696-096-4, $19.95, 720pp, trade paperback, August 2013)
• Nominal Publication Date: Thu 15 Aug 2013
ERROR — 1st edition not found
Anthology of 45 stories and poems by 19th and 20th century writers, ranging from Coleridge’s “Kubla Khan” to Virginia Woolf’s “A Haunted House”.
• Other authors include Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, Edgar Allan Poe, Lewis Carroll, Henry James, Oscar Wilde, H.G. Wells, Rudyard Kipling, and Mark Twain.
• Tachyon’s site has this description with the table of contents.