2012 SF&F Translation Award Winners
The Association for the Recognition of Excellence in SF&F Translation (ARESFFT) announced the winners for the 2012 Science Fiction and Fantasy Translation Awards for works published in 2011.
LONG FORM WINNER
- Zero, Huang Fan, translated from the Chinese by John Balcom (Columbia University)
LONG FORM HONORABLE MENTIONS
- Good Luck, Yukikaze, Chohei Kambayashi, translated from the Japanese by Neil Nadelman (Haikasoru)
- Midnight Palace, Carlos Ruiz Zafón, translated from the Spanish by Lucia Graves (Little, Brown)
SHORT FORM WINNER
- “The Fish of Lijiang”, Chen Qiufan, translated from the Chinese by Ken Liu (Clarkesworld 8/11)
SHORT FORM HONORABLE MENTIONS
- The Boy Who Cast No Shadow, Thomas Olde Heuvelt, translated from the Dutch by Laura Vroomen (PS)
- “The Green Jacket”, Gudrun Östergaard, translated from the Danish by the author and Lea Thume (Sky City: New Science Fiction Stories by Danish Authors)
Each winning author and translator received a cash prize of $350 and an inscribed plaque. The winners were announced at Finncon 2012, held July 21-22, 2012 in Tampere, Finland.