Prometheus Award Finalists
The Libertarian Futurist Society has announced the Prometheus Award finalists in the Best Novel category, for the most outstanding “pro-freedom” novel published in 2011:
- The Children of the Sky, Vernor Vinge (Tor)
- The Freedom Maze, Delia Sherman (Small Beer)
- In the Shadow of Ares, Thomas L. James & Carl C. Carlsson (self-published)
- Ready Player One, Ernest Cline (Random House)
- The Restoration Game, Ken MacLeod (Pyr)
- Snuff, Terry Pratchett (Harper Collins)
The four finalists for the Hall of Fame Award are:
- Falling Free, Lois McMaster Bujold (1988)
- “‘Repent, Harlequin!’ Said the Ticktockman”, Harlan Ellison (1965)
- “The Machine Stops”, E. M. Forster (1909)
- “As Easy as A.B.C.”, Rudyard Kipling (1912)
This category honors novels, novellas, stories, graphic novels, anthologies, films, TV shows/series, plays, poems, music recordings and other works of fiction first published or broadcast more than five years ago.
All members of the Libertarian Futurist Society are eligible to vote. The Prometheus Awards will be presented at Chicon, the 70th annual World Science Fiction Convention, to be held August 30-September 3 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.