• British fantasy and horror magazine, debuting 2007 (formerly The Third Alternative), edited by Andy Cox
• Format: Print
• Frequency: Bimonthly
Issue 23, £3.95, 64pp
• This issue has stories by Simon Bestwick, K. Harding Stalter, Ramsey Campbell, Simon McCaffery, and Tim Lees.
• Columns are by Peter Tennant, Stephen Volk, Christopher Fowler, Mike O’Driscoll; reviews are by Tony Lee and Peter Tennant.
• The magazine’s website has this post with opening lines from each of the stories.
(Mon 22 Aug 2011)
Realms of Fantasy
• Bimonthly fantasy magazine, published since 1994; editor Douglas Cohen, fiction editor Shawna McCarthy
Vol. 17 No. 4, $5.99, 85pp, cover art by Kristina Carroll
• Stories in this issue are by Richard Bowes, Naomi Kritzer, Kate Riedel, W.R. Thompson, and Alan Smale.
• Columns are by Resa Nelson (movies), Mai Nutick (women in fantasy art), and Theodora Goss (Folkroots); reviews are by Paul Witcover, Elizabeth Bear, Michael M. Jones, Andrew Wheeler, Matt London, Matt Staggs.
• Lois Tilton reviewed the issue for Locus Online.
(Tue 16 Aug 2011)