Finalists for the 2018 Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) Small Press Award for Short Fiction have been announced:
- “Probably Still the Chosen One”, Kelly Barnhill (Lightspeed 2/17)
- “Floaters Can’t Float”, Pip Coen (Compelling Science Fiction 4/17)
- “A Vague Inclination to Please”, Brandon Daubs (All Hail Our Robot Conquerers)
- “Oba Oyinbo”, Jonathan Edelstein (Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show 10/17)
- “Through Milkweed and Gloom”, Wendy Nikel (Submerged)
- “The Secret Life of Bots”, Suzanne Palmer, (Clarkesworld 9/17)
- “The Cat of Five Virtues”, Richard Parks (Tales of the Sunrise Lands)
- “The Oracle and the Warlord”, Karina Sumner-Smith (The Sum of Us)
The award, recognizing the “best original short fiction” published by small presses in the previous year, will be presented at Capclave in Rockville MD at the Hilton Washington DC/ Rockville on September 28-30, 2018. The winner will be chosen by members of WSFA. For more, see the WSFA Small Press Award site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.