The Legend Award for Best Fantasy Novel
- WINNER: Assassin’s Fate, Robin Hobb (Del Rey)
- Fall of Dragons, Miles Cameron (Orbit)
- Red Sister, Mark Lawrence (HarperCollins)
- Scorched Shadows, Steve McHugh (47North)
- Oathbringer, Brandon Sanderson (Tor)
The Morningstar Award for Best Fantasy Newcomer
- WINNER: Kings of the Wyld, Nicholas Eames (Orbit)
- Age of Assassins, RJ Barker (Orbit)
- The Tethered Mage, Melissa Caruso (Orbit)
- Blackwing, Ed McDonald (Ace)
- The Court of Broken Knives, Anna Smith Spark (HarperCollins)
The Ravenheart Award for Best Fantasy Cover Art
- WINNER: Richard Anderson for the cover of Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames
For more, see the official Gemmell Awards website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.