The finalists for the 2018 John W. Campbell Memorial Award have been announced:
- The Rift, Nina Allan (Titan)
- Tropic of Kansas, Christopher Brown (HarperCollins)
- Future Home of the Living God, Louise Erdrich (Harper)
- The Stars Are Legion, Kameron Hurley (Saga)
- The Moon and the Other, John Kessel (Saga)
- The Stargazer’s Embassy, Eleanor Lerman (Mayapple)
- Austral, Paul McAuley (Gollancz)
- Autonomous, Annalee Newitz (Tor)
- After the Flare, Deji Bryce Olukotun (Unnamed)
- New York 2140, Kim Stanley Robinson (Orbit)
- The People’s Police, Norman Spinrad (Tor)
- Borne, Jeff VanderMeer (MCD)
- The Genius Plague, David Walton (Pyr)
The award honors the best work of book-length science fiction from the prior year published in English. Current jurors are Gregory Benford, Sheila Finch, Elizabeth Anne Hull, Paul Kincaid, Christopher McKitterick (chair), Pamela Sargent, and Lisa Yaszek.
The award will be presented during the Campbell Conference held June 22-24, 2018 at the University of Kansas Student Union in Lawrence KS.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.