Winners of the 29th annual Preditors and Editors Readers’ Poll have been announced, with 41 categories voted on by 3,500 readers. Some categories of particular interest follow.
- Best Science Fiction & Fantasy Novel: Flame in the Dark, Faith Hunter (Ace)
- Best Positive Future Novel: All Our Wrong Todays, Elan Mastai (Dutton)
- Best Magical Realism Novel: Sister Witch: The Life of Moll Dyer, David Thompson (Solstice)
- Best Horror Novel: Tip of the Iceberg, Ash Hartwell (Stitched Smile)
- Best Steampunk Novel: Beauty and Beastly: Steampunk Beauty and the Beast, Melanie Karsak (Clockpunk)
- Best Thriller Novel: Waking Up Wolf, Erzabet Bishop (Naughty Nights)
- Best Children’s Book: Philip and the Dragon, John Paulits (Gypsy Shadow)
- Best Science Fiction & Fantasy Short Story: “Locked Room”, Marc Sorond (All the Pretty Myths)
- Best Positive Future Short Story: “Space Cold”, Guy T. Martland (steemit.com)
- Best Magical Realism Short Story: “Double D”, Donald J. Bingle (Speakeasies and Spiritualists)
- Best Steampunk Short Story: “Doppelgangers (and Other Artistic Piffle)”, James Bojaciuk (All the Pretty Myths)
- Best Horror Short Story: “Ghost Train Out”, Alex Azar (Strangely Funny IV)
- Best Anthology: Forged in Blood, Michael Z. Williamson, ed. (Baen)
- Best Magazine/e-zine Editor: Jeani Rector. Best Fiction Magazine/e-zine: The Horror Zine
- Best Nonfiction Magazine/e-zine: The Time Travel Nexus
- Best Artist: Denny E. Marshall. Best Artwork (tie): “Rumble”, Johannes Chazot; “Sea Station Warp Arrival”, Denny E. Marshall
- Best Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork: Denny E. Marshall for Bards And Sages Quarterly, 4/17
For more, including complete results see the Critters Writers Workshop site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.