Winners for the 2018 Darrell Awards have been announced:
- WINNER: Land of Wolves, TJ Turner (Oceanview)
- First Runner-Up: Wild Hunt, Nick Rowan (self-published)
- Finalist: Seek and Destroy, William C. Dietz (Ace)
Best Midsouth Novella
- WINNER: A Night at the Quay, William Alan Webb (Dingbat)
- First Runner-Up: “Luminaria”, John Hornor Jacobs (Apex 3/7/17)
Best Midsouth Young Adult Work
- WINNER: Coney Island Book of the Dead, Sheila Martin (Narrioch)
Best Midsouth Young Short Story
Robin Burks is the 2018 inductee to the Dal Coger Memorial Hall of Fame “for Outstanding or Extraordinary Midsouth Fiction for authors who have a body of work that appeared in prior years.”
The Darrell Awards are given to works that “use the greater Memphis area as a significant setting and/or the author must be a resident of the greater Memphis area when the work appears.” Winners, runners-up, and finalists were announced March 10, 2018 during MidSouthCon at the Memphis Hilton in Memphis TN.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.