The Libertarian Futurist Society (LFS) has named the finalists for the 2018 Prometheus Hall of Fame Award, “for best classic literary works of liberty.”
- “Starfog”, Poul Anderson (Analog 8/67)
- “As Easy as A.B.C.”, Rudyard Kipling (London 3-4/1912)
- The Island Worlds, Eric Kotani & John Maddox Roberts (Baen)
- “Conquest by Default”, Vernor Vinge (Analog 5/68)
- “With Folded Hands…”, Jack Williamson (Astounding 7/47)
All members of the LFS are eligible to vote. The final vote will take place in mid-2018 and the winner will be presented “at a major science fiction convention.”
For more information, see the LFS website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.