2018 Darrell Awards Finalists
Finalists for the 2018 Darrell Awards have been announced:
- “From Hair to Eternity”, Phyllis Appleby (Malice in Memphis: Elmwood: Stories to Die For)
- Seek and Destroy, William C. Dietz (Ace)
- “Luminaria”, John Hornor Jacobs (Apex 3/7/17)
- Coney Island Book of the Dead, Sheila Martin (Narrioch)
- “A Very Worthy Human Being”, Richard Powell (Malice in Memphis: Elmwood: Stories to Die For)
- Wild Hunt, Nick Rowan (self-published)
- Land of Wolves, TJ Turner (Oceanview)
- A Night at the Quay, William Alan Webb (Dingbat)
- “Black Like Them”, Troy L. Wiggins (Fireside 1/17)
Robin Burks is the 2018 inductee to the Coger Memorial Hall of Fame, “for Outstanding or Extraordinary Midsouth Fiction for authors who have a body of work that appeared in prior years.”
The Darrell Awards are given to works that “use the greater Memphis area as a significant setting and/or the author must be a resident of the greater Memphis area when the work appears.” Winners and runners up will be announced March 10, 2018 during MidSouthCon at the Memphis Hilton in Memphis TN.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.